On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 12:25:32PM -0500, Steve Angelo wrote:
> Hi all.. Please forgive me as I'm a postfix newbie.. I'm currently running
> version 2.6.5 on an Ubuntu server. I have a codeignitor app that sends
> outbound mail only. no inbound mail is processed/advertised.
>
> I recently moved my production server from Rackspace to AWS and Amazon is
> now having a PBL issue that may take days to resolve and my IP is listed so
> most of the mail is not going out due to PBL from Spamhaus.

If you are blocked because of Spamhaus' PBL you are on an consumer
dial up (http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/) and should not send mail
directly to MX. Instead use your providers SMTP relay.

http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#relayhost
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#dialup

> So I was thinking.. Since my old server at rackspace is still up and
> running, would it be possible to have configure my AWS postfix server to
> send all outbound mail to the Rackspace postfix server and have that server
> send out the email? The originating IP would have to be the Rackspace server
> though, as if the mail still shows the originating as the AWS server it will
> fail due to PBL.

Look at
 http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relayhost
or at
 http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_dependent_relayhost_maps
in case you don't want to relay all sender through your other server.