On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 05:39:07AM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Dennis Guhl put forth on 3/8/2011 6:41 PM:
>
> >> Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore.
> >
> > What does this saying mean?
>
> It's a para-quote from the 1939 American movie "The Wizard of Oz".
> Dorothy, a young girl living in farm house in Kansas, is swept away by a
> powerful tornado.  When the house lands on solid ground, and Dorothy
> opens the door, she finds herself in a "wonderland".  She says to her
> little dog, "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more."

Yes, someone else shove me in a private mail in this direction. I
wasn't aware of this line knowing only the german version of the book
and film.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPWenQxryr4

Nice clip. Thank you.

> When someone uses this phrase, or a variation, in modern culture, they
> are conveying to a another person that they're seeing something they
> never knew existed.

This is not as bad as I thought it might be.

I asked because I found no explanation of this saying and got
redirected to the wikipedia article of the film where I found
Dorothy's quotation. Knowing about the diffenrent colored filming in
Kansas an Oz I misinterpret the meaning as 'the world is not b/w' wich
would be 'you are to narrow minded'.

Stan, thank you for the explanation.

So long
Dennis