Dennis Guhl put forth on 3/8/2011 6:41 PM:

>> Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore.
>
> What does this saying mean?

It's a para-quote from the 1939 American movie "The Wizard of Oz".
Dorothy, a young girl living in farm house in Kansas, is swept away by a
powerful tornado.  When the house lands on solid ground, and Dorothy
opens the door, she finds herself in a "wonderland".  She says to her
little dog, "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPWenQxryr4

When someone uses this phrase, or a variation, in modern culture, they
are conveying to a another person that they're seeing something they
never knew existed.

--
Stan