On 2011-03-12 10:58:41 -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> No, it's not a bug.  As you know maildir storage format stores one email
> _per file_.  virtual_mailbox_limit is a _per file_ size restriction.
> With maildir storage it will prevent individual emails (individual
> files) greater than (default: 51200000) in size being written into the
> maildir directory, but it will not limit the size of the parent
> directory, which is what I think you're referring to as a "user mailbox".

OK, thanks for the details. It seems that I misinterpreted what
Noel said ("The postfix limit is for mailBOX, not mailDIR.").

So, this limit is also taken into account for maildir, with the
following concern: if one wants to increase message_size_limit,
one still needs to increase virtual_mailbox_limit, even if one
uses maildir only.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>