On 2011-03-13 07:52:11 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> If you use virtual_mailbox_limit with strictly maildir mailboxes, you
> may as well set message_size_limit=0 and leave it alone, so you only
> have one setting to keep track of.

Is 0 accepted for this option? http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html
just says:

  message_size_limit (default: 10240000)

    The maximal size in bytes of a message, including envelope
    information.

    Note: be careful when making changes. Excessively small values
    will result in the loss of non-delivery notifications, when a
    bounce message size exceeds the local or remote MTA's message
    size limit.

> BTW, I can't see the logic in ever increasing the default, which is
> ~50MB.

The default for message_size_limit is ~10 MB (see above). So, at least
the value of this option should be increased if one wants to receive
messages of larger size.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>