Am 29.05.2011 13:50, schrieb Ronald MacDonald:
> I've an obscure case, where I've added a domain to the alias/lookup tables
> but the customer has not yet changed her DNS settings

so postfix will not relay because why should it? :-)

> In this case, when I'm waiting for a client to update DNS, I still need to be
> able to get in
> touch with them. It looks like I've done something funny, whereby Postfix
> does not look up DNS
> MX records for domains it considers 'local'

you have nothing done funny, this is naturally if you configure your
mailserver for a domain that he do not look for MX

add or replace existing transport for the domain to smtp:oldserver.domain.tld
and after they have changed DNS make exactly this step back because ith a
transport you have the other extreme - some dns points to you but postfix
will realy the messages to the transport instead to the local MDA