Am 04.06.2011 06:03, schrieb Goutam Baul:

> 1)  There could be an issue with the server performance as because these many
> numbers of mails will
> be pushed to the queue at the same time. This can, however, be addressed by
> tweaking the mail sending
> script carefully.

with 15.000 mails - how old is your server? :-)
years ago sent 250.000 (legal!) mails with phpmailer

do not bother you main-mailsystem and let postfix run
on the webserver on port 127.0.0.1 with you mail-system
as "realy_host" and the settings below should wait
one second after each mail you main-systems gets

a) your php-script can send burst
b) the webserver will queue
c) the queue on you main server will not get filled

consider a valid ptr/spf-entry for you webserver and
do not use "relay_host", so it will send the bulk-mails
by itself (the settings below are from our bulk-mailer)
and even if someone blacklists you it will not affect
the business-mails!

queue_run_delay                                     = 240
maximal_queue_lifetime                              = 2d
bounce_queue_lifetime                               = 2d
minimal_backoff_time                                = 900
maximal_backoff_time                                = 5400
message_size_limit                                  = 36700160
max_idle                                            = 60
in_flow_delay                                       = ${stress?2}${stress:0}s

smtp_destination_recipient_limit                    = 15
smtp_initial_destination_concurrency                = 5
smtp_destination_concurrency_limit                  = 5
smtp_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit    = 5
smtp_destination_rate_delay                         = 1