Well, since I plan to move into the Postfix wagon, from scratch, I want to
learn more about the 587 port submission and the blockage of port 25 for that.
What are the best practices on the matter? Are there any documents on that?
Soren how do you implement it?
P.

________________________________
Απο: Michael Orlitzky <mich...@orlitzky.com>
Προς: postfix-users@postfix.org
Στάλθηκε: 5:19 π.μ. Τρίτη, 19 Ιουλίου 2011
Θεμα: Re: Anyone solely using SMTP Auth for outbound mail?

On 07/18/2011 06:35 PM, mouss wrote:
> Le 18/07/2011 19:40, Søren Schrøder a écrit :
>> I'm doing a 1.5M accounts setup with smtp-auth (submission tcp/587 using
>> postfix with dovecot-auth) and a plain smtp/25 for an allowed range of IP's
>> for our fixed IP customers
>>
>> The backend is openldap/postfix/dovecot
>>

> are you a (relatively) large ISP? if so, how did you move to the
> submission part? I am not asking about the tech part, but about the
> customer relationship part. your experience may be helpful to others.

Whenever you get a support call, mention that you have a new, faster,
server with more space and you're willing to upgrade them for free; all
they'll have to do is change a few settings.