On 2011-08-10 07:10, ricardus1867 wrote:
Hi!

By trying to add a second postfix instance (something seems to have went
terribly wrong), I managed to screw up my postfix. Badly. Nothing would work
anymore. So I tried the scorched earth approach (purge, then install).

That worked more or less, except for the fact that /var/spool/postfix/etc
was empty. So one of the problems (DNS lookups stopped working) persisted.

I copied a couple of files inside that directory that I remembered being
there (hosts, localtime, nsswitch.conf, resolv.conf, services and the ssl
certs), but the error either is elsewhere or I forgot to copy a file...

I tried no setting "chroot" to "no" for the smtp daemon. That fixes the
problem. But how can I make DNS lookups work again without loosing the
chroot?

/var/spool/postfix/lib needs to contain libresolve and the various libnss-* libraries.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards

ricardus

--