Hello,

on the web there are several recipes to integrate Spamassassin with
Postfix, but no one seems to me to be the definitive recipe. I think
that this configuration is quite common (for low volume smtp servers)
and would deserve a small space in Postfix official documentation, but
maybe it is already there and I missed it.

What I' doing is the following. From my master.cf:

smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
  -o content_filter=spamassassin

spamassassin unix  -    n       n       -       -       pipe
   flags=Rq user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/spamc -u ${user}
   -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}

The purpose is to have incoming mail scanned by Spamassassin (using
spamd and smpamc) running as the user to whom the email will be
delivered to (spam messages will be then discarded or archived with
dedicated Sieve rules implemented by dovecot-lda). This works pretty
well for all users but for the ones that are aliases. For example I have
an alias routing messages sent to root to my user account. For those
messages, the substitution variable ${user} takes the value of "root"
and therefore spamd tries to run as root.

There is a way to have the filtering done after postfix has resolved the
aliases? There are other problems with this configuration that I'm not
aware of? There are better ways of doing what I want to do?

Thank you. Cheers,
--
Daniele