On 19-10-11 18:54, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> On 19/10/11 18:46, Tom Hendrikx wrote:
>> Actually, there is an experimental extension for dovecot sieve that
>> allows piping to external commands, but with a quite secure design
>> (sysadmin controls which commands are available to the pipe extension).
>> It works quite nice in the current state, and will probably be included
>> some day by the dovecot sieve implementation.
>>
>> See http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/Pipe
>
> Nice to know.
>
>> You'd still be better off feeding messages to SA from the MTA, and let
>> sieve just move messages around based on added headers.
>
> I agree and that's exactly my current solution, but I have some
> questions regarding how I'm doing that. Without repeating myself, can
> you please have a look at my configuration in the mail that originated
> this thread and comment on my solution?

I don't use SA myself so I have no experience with integrating it with
postfix, but some slacking around on the spamasasin website led me to
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/IntegratedSpamdInPostfix, whose
first lines clearly mention the flaws you're system will run into
(generate backscatter, for instance)

My previous attempts in setting up a mailsystem that uses all kinds of
bells and whistles, but also tries to do everything on the smallest
scale possible (such as running content filters under system user
accounts), always failed miserable. In the end I implemented an
ISP-style setup even though my setup is only used by three persons and a
cat. I suggest you try the spampd or the amavisd-new approach.

--
Regards,
        Tom