Hello Kris, thank you for your comments.

On 18/10/11 17:03, Kris Deugau wrote:
> Since you're happy to deliver the spam somewhere, rather than trying to
> reject it during the SMTP conversation, you're probably best off calling
> spamc early in your local-delivery rules rather than trying to integrate
> it into Postfix somewhere.  This way mail for a given real recipient
> will always get processed by that recipient's filtering rules.

Well, I would very happy to discard spam as early as possible, however,
as I understand it, I can run Spamassassin rules only once the full
message in received, and therefore there is little value in having it
rejected sooner or later. What would be the solution to have it rejected
sooner than what is happening with my current configuration?

As I tried to explain in my original mail I run my smtpd with a
content_filter option that filter the message through spamc, and then
delivers the message to the local smtp, which calls dovecot-lda for the
delivery into tmaildir mailboxes. dovecot-lda call the sieve plugin
which executes some sieve global rules that discard messages that are
certainly spam, and delivers messges that are probably spam to a proper
user folder. Additionally dovecot-lda does imap indexing of mailboxes
when new messages are delivered, and this is quite important to me
because I have large imap folders and I'm running on a low end virtual
private server.

> Look up the standard procmailrc example from the SpamAssassin docs, and
> adapt as necessary for sieve.

Sieve can not call external programs, therefore I do not know ho to hook
Spamassassin there, and, furthermore, I would like to avoid to have to
setup things for each user.

Thank you. Cheers,
--
Daniele