Am 06.11.2011 11:40, schrieb David Southwell:
> On Sunday 06 November 2011 03:33:02 Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Am 06.11.2011 11:24, schrieb David Southwell:
>>> Quite happy to do that. Mind you it may be possible to ask in a way that
>>> does not demonstrate a determination, fequently expressed on this list,
>>> to hammer into the ground anyone who has the audacity to voice an
>>> opinion which does not accord with the conventional views of over
>>> vociferous loyalists.
>>
>> this has nothing to do with loyalists
>>
>> if things ain't broken don't fix them and what nobody needs is rewrite
>> perfectly working software / syntax while postfix is since many years
>> one of the few applications where you can do major upgrades without worry
>>
>> sorry but i have enough of any ideas rewrite things to make dumb people
>> lucky as it happened in the linux-world way to often the last few years
>> with many over a long time working subsystems / layers

> I think you have succeeded in making my point far more effectively than I.
> The
> determination you express is a good demonstration of an attitude that calls
> anyone "dumb" if they dare to disagree with their point of view.

i know it is not political correct to say the truth

there is no need that everybody needs to believe he is the right
person to maintain every peice of software - some people are having
the skills, the other are able to learn what the need and the rest
can simply use what people with the knowledge are maintaining

> If you do not understand that such responses encapsulate an attitude of over
> vociferous loyalism, rudeness & intolerance then you are really missing
> something. Hopefully you might live long enough to regret such attitudes

BOY YOU WROTE 'That is why I say the use of " " is, in an administrator's
context, idiotic.'
adn expect to get answers without rudeness? where do you live?

you should recognize that not all things you do not understand idiotic

and for me: i hope i live NOT long enough to lose the attitude to say things
that have to be said because there are enough people out there speaking
a lot but saying nothing