On Sunday 06 November 2011 02:43:31 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 06.11.2011 10:34, schrieb David Southwell:
> > That is plain B******t. I am making a constructive contribution which, if
> > some thought and consideration were given to it, might substantially
> > improve Postfix and make it much more administrator friendly.
>
> THIS is plain bullshit

I do not agree

> you are telling us that administrators do not understand lines with a space
> at the begin, we are telling you if that is true the person has to learn
> or hurry up to search another job becasue EVERYBODY who has the right
> attributes for this job will understand the config format

There is a difference between understanding the potential significant and the
ease of finding an error. What I would suggest is that configuration files are
better designed when a single charactter has a constant meaning. A " " occurs
so frequently that an out of place " " is that much harder to detect when
scanning through a file. Humans are very good at recognising standard
patterns.

> a server-software needs not to be "administrator friendly" because there is
> really no need that every idiot out there starts thinking he is qualified
> to maintain a public mailserver with all it's consequences and looking at
> the damage a wrong configured MTA can produce a little election is not so
> bad

There is no benefit in making things a little more difficult than they need me
and then proclaiming that the mistakes that could be prevented by design are
solely due to the person making thenm is IMHO idiotic.
David