On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 16:27:07 -0500 (EST)
Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
[snip]
> I suggest that you use different smtp_bind_address settings in
> master.cf for the (default) smtp transport and for the (inbound)
> relay transport.

This server is, amongst other things, a mail gateway.  It accepts
incoming on both interfaces, and sends on both.

> I don't think it is practical for Postfix to grope kernel routing
> tables in order to choose the client IP address. There is no standard
> API for doing such things.

Very well.  Then either "mx1" has to go away, and the machine's "real"
hostname used, or I have to swap "hostname"s and "mx1"s addresses, or
make mx1's address the "real" address.  I don't like any of those
solutions, but it would appear I've no choice.

Thanks for the follow-up, Wietse.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is