On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 16:46:00 -0500 (EST)
Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

> James Seymour:
> > On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 16:27:07 -0500 (EST)
> > Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > I suggest that you use different smtp_bind_address settings in
> > > master.cf for the (default) smtp transport and for the (inbound)
> > > relay transport.
> >
> > This server is, amongst other things, a mail gateway.  It accepts
> > incoming on both interfaces, and sends on both.
>
> It sends outbound mail on both interfaces?
>
> It sends inbound mail on both interfaces?

Bah! No.  Incoming goes out the inside interface and outgoing out the
outside interface :p.  Sorry, I was in serious burnout mode after
having been hacking on the new box since about 07:30.

> I would expect that inbound and outbound use different interfaces,
> therefore you can use different delivery agents.

And right you'd be.

> For the default smtp transport, use -o
> smtp_bind_address=external-address
>
> Use a transport map to force inbound mail to use the "relay"
> transport, and that one will automagically use the right source IP
> address because there is only one to choose from.

Done!  Worked like a charm, Wietse.  Thanks *very* much for your help.

I'd already had all the transport entries.  (Holdover from when our
mail routing was significantly more complicated.)  I simply had to
replace the "smtp:"s with "relay:"s, in addition to the master.cf
change, and it was done.

Great :)

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is