James Seymour:
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 16:27:07 -0500 (EST)
> Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> [snip]
> > I suggest that you use different smtp_bind_address settings in
> > master.cf for the (default) smtp transport and for the (inbound)
> > relay transport.
>
> This server is, amongst other things, a mail gateway.  It accepts
> incoming on both interfaces, and sends on both.

It sends outbound mail on both interfaces?

It sends inbound mail on both interfaces?

I would expect that inbound and outbound use different interfaces,
therefore you can use different delivery agents.

For the default smtp transport, use -o smtp_bind_address=external-address

Use a transport map to force inbound mail to use the "relay"
transport, and that one will automagically use the right source IP
address because there is only one to choose from.