>> So I should specify smtpd_client_restrictions or
>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions, but not both?
>>

> I think most people find it easier to put all of the restrictions under
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions, since you can just read them top-to-bottom
> with smtpd_delay_reject = yes (the default).
>
> But no, you probably wouldn't need it in both places unless you had some
> default restrictions you wanted to override in both places.

I've boiled my config down to this.  It is functional and I think it
is secure and that it rejects any attempt to send messages from
outside mynetworks unless authenticated.  Am I correct?  Please
consider all other directives to be default.

master.cf:

submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
  -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
  -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

main.cf:

smtpd_tls_security_level = may