Il 18/01/2012 11:22, Ralf Hildebrandt ha scritto:
* Simone Ruffilli<sruffi...@ciseonweb.it>:

Each recipient has to be checked against virtual_mailbox_domains and
virtual_alias_maps (you don't have virtual_alias_domains set?), since
the recipient COULD be one of your own recipients.

make sure those queries are fast.

It seems like I found my problem:

smtpd_client_restrictions = *sleep 1*, reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net, reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org, reject_rbl_client xbl.spamhaus.org

I didn't include that "sleep 1" in the previous mail because I was going to remove it. Can that be somehow responsible of my slowness? I tried to send a mail to 2k generated non-existant remote addresses and it took less than 10 seconds to accept it.

[..] then postfix (rightfully so!)
complained 5.1.1 about an unexistant local address (this one deserves
another question).

[...]Is there a way to disable address checking (both local user existance
and RFC compliance) before accepting an outgoing email?
I'd prefer to receive a bounce than being blocked from sending a mail!

Changing hard and soft error limit as you suggested didn't work.
Any idea?

Thank you.