W dniu 18.01.2012 11:50, Ralf Hildebrandt pisze:
* Konrad Rzepecki<krzepe...@dentonet.pl>:

I have similar problem, and I suspect you may also hit it. In my case
I send ~10k-20k mails through sendmail wrapper. My problem is caused
by fsync done on EVERY queued mail. It take on my servers (4 core AMD
@ ext4 @ LVM @ RAID10 @ 8disk) ~ 0.2-0.3s for each one. Sometimes
it's even 0.6s! So simple mail queuing for 15k recipients can take 1
hour or more...

If you want faster delivery, use SMTP.

You can use mini_sendmail (which uses SMTP but gives you a sendmail
command for that)

I've already tried SMTP. This make no change since it also create queue file, which must be fsynced before client is notified about successfully queuing...

--
   Konrad Rzepecki