On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 02:37:03PM -0200, Rafael Azevedo - IAGENTE wrote:

> I've done something very similar.

If you want help, please take some time to read and follow the
advice you receive completely and accurately. "Similar" is another
way of saying "incorrect".

> I created different named transports for specific domains and
> have all domains I need a special treatment to use this named
> transport.

To achieve a total concurrency limit across multiple destination
domains, you must specify a common nexthop, not just a common
transport.

> So since I'm using Postfix + MySQL, I have a transport table with
> all domains and destination transport. Its quite the same thing
> you're proposing.

No, it is not, since it leaves out the common nexthop which
consolidates the queues for all the domains.

> Yet, I'm still with the same problem.

Do take the time to follow advice completely and accurately.

> So in the real life, I have about 10.000 domains that are hosted in
> the same hosting company. This company has a rigid control of their
> resources.

Your best bet is to get whitelisted by the receiving system for a higher
throughput limit.

If your average input message rate for these domains falls below the
current cap, and you're just trying to smooth out the spikes, the
advice I gate is correct, if you're willing to listen.

> Is there anything else I can do to have a better control of my throughput?

Understand that Postfix queues are per transport/nexthop, not merely
per transport. To schedule mail via a specific provider as a single
stream (queue), specify an explicit nexthop for all domains that
transit that provider. Since you're already using an explicit
transport, it is easy to append the appropriate nexthop.

> Any help would be very appreciated.

Ideally, you will not dismiss help when it is given.

--
        Viktor.