On 2/22/2013 2:13 PM, Noel Jones wrote:
On 2/22/2013 1:07 PM, Deeztek.com Support wrote:
Sorry I guess I wasn't very clear. This is what i want to do:

I want to be able to route e-mail send to b...@somedomain.com to
1.1.1.1 however, I also want to be able to route e-mail send to
m...@somedomain.com to 2.2.2.2. I do normally use transports but in
this case, I need to be able to filter e-mail based on recipient to
route to different servers. I thought using header_checks would be
my best choice but i guess not. If i try to use tranports for this
particular domain, it seems like the tranports directive in postfix
takes precedence over the header_checks file. Hopefully this is more
clear.

Thanks in advance

[please don't top-post]

Header_check is the wrong tool.  Use transport_maps.

b...@example.com   smtp:[1.1.1.1]
m...@example.com  smtp:[2.2.2.2]
example.com       smtp:somewhere.else

Note: when using an IP in transport_maps, the "[ ]" brackets are
required.

   -- Noel Jones
Sorry about the top-posting. Okay this is a little bit closer. So, I'm assuming if I use the domain in conjuction with recipients for the same domain the transport line for the domain has to point somewhere completely different than the recipient lines? In other words I can't have the following?

b...@example.com   smtp:[1.1.1.1]
m...@example.com  smtp:[2.2.2.2]
example.com       smtp:[1.1.1.1]