Am 08.05.2013 01:07, schrieb Vincent Lefevre:
> On 2013-05-07 15:50:33 +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Am 07.05.2013 14:14, schrieb Vincent Lefevre:
>>> A whitelist is not possible as in general, I don't know who
>>> sends me such mail
>>
>> it is possible
>> what about reading logs and/or mail headers ?
>
> I meant that it may be a completely new user, who has never sent me
> mail before. So, there can't be any trace in the logs to be able to
> whitelist the IP before I get the first mail... Or I need a time
> machine. :)

Ok, i understand, but however that user will get a bounce which ist not
something evil, you should always have an alternative call channel open
for support things, i.e a website with i.e some mail script and faqs if
problems with your mailserver apear, you should learn problems are
normal , its your job to fix them as postmaster

at last ,qualified support to your problem was given, i see no need for
longing this thread

you should learned for real
reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname is most safe to use, and its
massive practise by big mail players, anyone who didnt care will end in
massive bounces as reciept ,in rare urgent cases "you" may whitelist ips
at your servers.

However nobody presses you to use this parameter, for more clever use
you may combine it with restriction classes selective only for dyn ips etc

if you dont like what you allready read , only barking at moon might be
a solution *g

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--