On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 03:45:35PM -0500, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> They don't have "hairpin NAT" set up, whereby if I try to connect to
> this NATed IP address it would go to the router and come back to me.
> I'm fine with that, actually; while that would solve the instant
> problem, it could be bad in other ways.

May I ask what badness you expect from that? My first thought was to
suggest setting up the NAT rules yourself (using iptables or whatever your
OS offers). If they're restricted to match only TCP to <externalIP>:25, I
don't see much potential for problems (but of course, I may be missing
something).

Ulrich