On 2013-10-25 4:51 PM, Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:
Blackberry has done pretty much this same thing for years, and not
too many people have been bent out of shape about it. Or maybe the
different business model of BB convinced folks their email wasn't
being mined.  Mostly a moot point now...

Are you sure about this? I especially don't think this is true for outbound? At least, I don't recall seeing an option for this (SMTP) in the ones I set up, but it was a long time ago, so maybe I'm wrong and just never considered the implications...

It seemed to be more in the nature of setting up getmail or fetchmail, and it was for inbound only, and just to deliver the message to the client.

Of course, in thinking about this now, they obviously could do whatever they wanted with the message between downloading it from our server and delivering it to the Blackberry... ouch...

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*