On 2013-10-25 4:17 PM, Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:
You've been on this list long enough to know that verbatim restriction
definitions don't belong in master.cf:

     master.cf:
        submission inet n ... smtpd
            -o smtpd_client_restrictions=$submission_client_restrictions

     main.cf:
        submission_client_restrictions =
            check_client_access ${cidr}/submission_clients.cidr,
            permit_sasl_authenticated,
            permit_mynetworks
            reject

You're right of course... thanks for being so gentle with clue stick..

or in the relay_restrictions, ie:

[ smtpd_relay_restrictions = ]
        check_client_access ${cidr}/blocked_clients.cidr,
        permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_mynetworks,
        reject_unauth_destination
This would block all mail from the clients in question, not just
submission.  Also you don't even want Linked machines that hijack
submission on port 25 sending mail that is not relay mail (inbound
to your organization).  So you really need to not use port 25 for
submission.

I don't (use port 25 for submission)... and am not sure what I was thinking there. Guess maybe I should lay off the afternoon coffee... ;)

Anyway, thanks as always for the most excellent support on this list.

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*