On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 03:59:11PM -0500, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2013-11-11 2:30 PM, Viktor Dukhovni
>    <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:
> >It is not entirely unreasonable to expect address validation
> >to handle 1-to-1 aliasing of @example.org with @example.net.
>
> Postfixadmin, an excellent tool for managing userdbs in
> mysql/postgresql, has had 1-to-1 domain aliasing for a long
> time, and it works just fine... so, unltil postfix supports
> this natively, it can still be done now, and if you don't want
> to use postfixadmin, I'm sure a competent programmer could
> 'use the source' and implement it their own way...

No programming is necessary; all you need is SQL. Most simply, a
query which receives input of "u...@example.org" and then does a
lookup of "u...@example.net".

A well-thought-out SQL schema can automate this. Similarly, LDAP
offers means of doing this. For those using neither SQL nor LDAP,
trivial scripting can generate and maintain complete user maps.

As Viktor said, while a domain aliasing feature might be worth
considering for an eventual Postfix 3.0, it's probably not worth
implementing here in Postfix 2.x. Maybe a few examples added to
VIRTUAL_README?