Am 10.10.2014 um 23:35 schrieb Robert Lopez:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:
Please see:
http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html#safe_db

The question "So these errors happen while the file is being rebuilt,
right?" is a very good question but it is difficult for me to answer
with certainty.

One of our email gateways collects data and builds the input file
every hour per a cronjob:
root@mg06:/var/local/vaproc/bin# crontab -l | grep bld_aliases
35 * * * * /var/local/vaproc/bin/bld_aliases.sh
After that cronjob has run each gateway has a new copy of the
virtualaliases file and each executes a postmap and a reload

you need to do all of that including postmap in a temporary directopry and *after that* mv both files (te map and the db file) to the postfix config dir and finally reload postfix

doing that here for a lot of configurations on a inbound gateway regulary with no single problem - all the data are pulled from several servers including the transport tables - the point is that postfix never ever see any config file while it is written