On 11 Oct 2014, at 17:43 , li...@rhsoft.net wrote:
> Am 12.10.2014 um 01:35 schrieb Benny Pedersen:
>> On October 10, 2014 11:35:09 PM Robert Lopez <rlopez...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I looked at the "Please see".  Thanks!  I will try this out.
>>
>> postfix stop && postmap hash:/etc/postfix/hashfile && postfix start
>>
>> Loosy workaround
>
> that is *not* a workaround, that is a joke, you really do not want to hard
> stop services for updates - never ever

Well… it depends on how much traffic that service gets, really. On a small
mailserver I’d have no trouble doing that. But honestly, I would probably just
postmap /etc/postfix/file && postfix reload

> just generate your map file in a temp folder, map it there and move both
> files to /etc/postfix, you can easily do that for a lot of map files and only
> if the result have changed compared with the ones in /etc/postfix move them
> at the end and isse a one time reload

Yes, that is certainly the way to to it right, and really the only choice on a
busy server.

--
I think I found your marbles.