Quanah Gibson-Mount:
> The general issue is when someone sets up forwarding within Zimbra:
>
> Imagine al...@example.com e-mails b...@zimbra.com, but bob has set up e-mail
> forwarding to char...@bbc.com
>
> al...@example.com -> b...@zimbra.com -> char...@bbc.com

The sender is al...@example.com, outside your domain, so the
SRS address mapping should rewrite it.

> But then... the e-mail is forwarded outside, to mx.bbc.com. Because the

al...@example.com -> someth...@zimbra.com -> char...@bbc.com

Without someth...@zimbra.com, that email could not have entered
your zimbra.com server. So what is the deal here, why can alice
send mail to bbc.com through your server?

> I assume the above pipemap is a postfix 3.0 and later only ability?

Yes. However, I am not convinced that you need it.

If the local LDAP rewriting happens indendently from SRS, just list
both LDAP and SRS in sender_canonical_maps, and recursion will do its job.

Do not forget to handle the SRS reverse path mapping mapping in
recipient_canonical_maps, otherwise you broke delivery notifications.