On 6/9/2015 11:31 AM, Michael Munger wrote:
> I was referring to TCP header re-writes. But, now that I think about
> it, the re-write would have to happen at the Exchange level after
> receipt. (Can't do it pre-send unless the entire message fit in a
> single packet. So... that's not going to work).
>
> Since this is the case, then I will probably have to migrate the
> spam filter to happen at the Postfix proxy, which requires we write
> a connector to their CRM system. Not a big deal, but not as easy as
> I was hoping.
>
> Now, back to the proxy setup? Where should I start reading?

Postfix isn't a proxy and can't be configured to behave as one.
Maybe you're just using that term to refer to an email
gateway/firewall, and not really expecting a proxy.

Postfix is commonly used as a high performance front-end for
Exchange or other "enterprise" systems.  Basic docs here:
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#firewall

Also, postfix *must* know the valid recipients. If you simply accept
all mail and let Exchange bounce the undeliverables, it won't take
long for your server to be blacklisted as a backscatter source.
Either periodically export a list of recipients from Exchange to
postfix, or configure LDAP on the postfix server to query your AD.
See google for details.

  -- Noel Jones