Tom Hendrikx:
> >> Otherwise, how might these invalid recipients be entering your queue?
> >
> > A good question.  It appears to be only occurring with messages that are
> > quarantined by DSpam and then subsequently redelivered.
> >

> I've seen this issue before: dspam sends a garbled RCPT (binary data,
> IIRC) when trying to deliver the quarantine message to postfix. Never
> found out why, I stopped using dspam quarantine (and used tag and
> deliver to spam folder).
>
> The original message as received by postfix has no problems. You could
> try to find the postfix logs for the incoming message by looking at the
> message id in the dspam quarantine, but the bug here is in dspam.

Perhaps related to this:

http://marc.info/?l=dspam-users&m=132382086221854&w=2

    To recap, the problem is that --user argument to the dspam binary
    ends up mangled when dspam delivers back through smtp to postfix. Like
    so, turning "firmapost" into "??D?n" :

    Dec 13 22:44:01 garbo dspam.cgi: Piping into |/usr/bin/dspam
    --deliver=innocent --class=innocent --source=error --user
    firmap...@alstadheim.priv.no -d %u
    Dec 13 22:44:02 garbo postfix/smtpd[14180]: connect from
    localhost[127.0.0.1]
    Dec 13 22:44:02 garbo postfix/smtpd[14180]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
    localhost[127.0.0.1]: 550 5.1.1 <  D n...@alstadheim.priv.no>: Recipient
    address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table; from=<>
    to=<??D?n...@alstadheim.priv.no> proto=SMTP helo=<localhost>

But that was in 2011.