On 10/20/2015 11:31 PM, wie...@porcupine.org wrote:
Marco Stoecker:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
Hi,

I do have a combination of postfix and mailman and use postfix as a
relayhost. I get all the mails for mailman via fetchmail. The whole
system is Debian 8 with its packages for postfix (2.11.3-1) and
mailman (2.1.18-2).

Now to the problem: Since several months emails sometimes are
duplicated (recipients got them twice ore more) when they were sent to
the members of the mailing lists.
The problem does occur, after mailman has handled the incoming mail
and has handed it over to postfix.
The problem is somehow sporadicly and I didn't find a solution so far.

How does mailman submit mail into Postfix? Perhaps the submission
fails (times out) and mailman sends again, resulting in duplicates.

All the evidence that you need is logged by Postfix and mailman:
track down a duplicate delivery back to the source and look for
delivery errors.

Will do a double-check of all the logfiles again. Maybe I have overseen something. As I'm not the 'expert' in those things, I'd like to come back with questions ;) Any suggestions what are the most important postfix logfiles I should have a look into? I did look into mail.info and mail.log while mail.err does not show anything when the duplicates occur.

        Wietse

This is the output form postconf -n:

<snipped>
I provide here further?

BR
Marco

-- End of PGP signed section, PGP failed!