On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 02:46:40AM +0000, Richard wrote:

> > Date: Sunday, February 28, 2016 21:07:19 -0500
> > From: Ruben Safir <ru...@mrbrklyn.com>
> >
> > Ah - ok I'm learning something at least..
> >
> > Mostly some address bounces, cruft from the list 4 list sends
> > sandwiched in betweem at 17:17:14 and change.
> >
> > Two things about this bother me.  Previously with majordomo this
> > wasn't a problem but WHY is mailman not marking bounces and
> > removing them from the list.
> >
> > I know I am asking the wrong list.
>
> As I remember it, mailman doesn't remove an address from a list
> immediately as it could be a transient issue. Rather it removes
> addresses based on a configured number of non-deliverable instances
> (rejects and bounces) over a definable period of time. How you set
> those values generally depends on how busy a list is and how dirty
> the address base seems to be (and how willing you are to get your
> mail server in trouble with sites that don't like high volumes of
> bad addresses).

Its been months though.  Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, but my view of
mailmans software archetecture, at this point, is very low.  He tries very
hard to help people and to work on it, but I think it is broken at the core.

For one thing, you do not need a memory resident program to handle a mailing
list...  or even 100 lists.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com