--On Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:15 PM -0400 Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

Is this a known issue with Barracuda?  Anyone have an idea how to work
around this?  Clearly having their spam appliance be non-functional
isn't a  great start. ;)

Running Postscreen after a spam appliance is pointless. It is a
spambot detector (in more sophisticated words, it implements IP
address-based reputation).

Ok. But I still would like to know where in the stack the problem is. Right now, they are simply testing a release candidate in their existing setup (where postscreen did not previously exist). As soon as postscreen is introduced, things break. That seems problematic, particularly given that the default actions for postscreen are all set to ignore. I.e., I would assume (apparently incorrectly), that there should be no behavior changes if postscreen is set to not take any actions. And yet, here we see a significant behavior change.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect