> > Running Postscreen after a spam appliance is pointless. It is a
> > spambot detector (in more sophisticated words, it implements IP
> > address-based reputation).
>
> Ok.  But I still would like to know where in the stack the problem is.
> Right now, they are simply testing a release candidate in their existing
> setup (where postscreen did not previously exist).  As soon as postscreen
> is introduced, things break.  That seems problematic, particularly given
> that the default actions for postscreen are all set to ignore.  I.e., I
> would assume (apparently incorrectly), that there should be no behavior
> changes if postscreen is set to not take any actions.  And yet, here we see
> a significant behavior change.

Right now, one of the server setups I deal with runs a standalone Postfix
frontend in front of Zimbra 8.6 running effectively only as a backend.

The Postfix instance has postscreen & amavisd turned on, and soon will have a
milter or 2.

The Zimbra v8 instance (where postscreen did not previously exist) has all
anti-spam/anti-virus checks turned off.

I might have missed it in the thread, but I'm curious.  Have you checked
whether the problem exists with Zimbra vNEXT "behind" something else with
anti-spam running?  E.g. a standalone Postfix instance?

Just wondering.

Jason