Quanah Gibson-Mount:
> --On Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:15 PM -0400 Wietse Venema
> <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
>
> >> Is this a known issue with Barracuda?  Anyone have an idea how to work
> >> around this?  Clearly having their spam appliance be non-functional
> >> isn't a  great start. ;)
> >
> > Running Postscreen after a spam appliance is pointless. It is a
> > spambot detector (in more sophisticated words, it implements IP
> > address-based reputation).
>
> Ok.  But I still would like to know where in the stack the problem is.

As Viktor says, they are violating SMTP (start talking inthe middle
of a multi-line server response).

Having a postscreen behind a mail relay is pointless. It would work
if the spam appliance behaved like a proxy such as HaProxy or nginx
that don't change the flow and timing of commands. But obviously
that is not how Barracuda works.