From: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org [mailto:owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org]
On Behalf Of Noel Jones
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 1:46 PM
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Subject: Re: postfix ignoring access file?

On 5/19/2016 11:46 AM, Gomes, Rich wrote:

> What I need is to have any IPs listed in the /etc/postfix/access file
> with a directive of "OK" be allowed to send mail

Listed IPs are allowed to send mail where?  To your local users?  To any
destination?

Is there some reason you need a specific file name and format?

> Any IPs attempting to send mail to this particular mail server that are not
> listed in that file are denied access.

Unlisted IPs are denied access to where?  Can unlisted IPs send mail to your
local users?

Normally, internet-facing mail servers accept mail from anywhere to the local
users, and only local machines can send to anywhere.  This is the mynetworks
parameter, which has a different format. See docs.

Some private/internal mail servers may limit incoming mail to only specific
peers.  The listed peers may be subdivided into those authorized to send mail
to only specific destinations (usually
local) or to anywhere.  This is handled by some combination of mynetworks and
smtpd restrictions.  The details depend on the exact requirements.

So what are your requirements?

  -- Noel Jones