On 13 July 2017 at 21:06, @lbutlr <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:

> I forward mail to a gmail user, but there are a lot of bounces from gmail.
> I don't honestly care about the ones that google says are spam, but
> recently I'm also getting DMARC failures on Facebook mails.
>
> Again, not critical, but a bit annoying.
>
> The only thing that I can think to do is disable the forwarding and tell
> the user to grab mail via POP3, but that means enabling POP3 which I'd
> rather not do. Gmail does not, IFAIK, allow you to combine your mail with
> another IMAP account.
>
> Any other ideas?

​If you use openDMARC on your own server then rejections by an onward
mailserver (e.g. Gmail) on the grounds of DMARC failure should only occur
when the sender has p=reject DMARC policy and is relying on SPF without
DKIM (or with bad DKIM). My solution for such cases - which are few - is to
trap the DMARC failure message from Gmail and then resend the original
email as an attachment.