On 14 July 2017 at 16:21, @lbutlr <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:

> On 13 Jul 2017, at 15:05, Dominic Raferd <domi...@timedicer.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 13 July 2017 at 21:06, @lbutlr <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:
> >
> > I forward mail to a gmail user, but there are a lot of bounces from
> gmail. I don't honestly care about the ones that google says are spam, but
> recently I'm also getting DMARC failures on Facebook mails.
> >
> > Again, not critical, but a bit annoying.
> >
> > The only thing that I can think to do is disable the forwarding and tell
> the user to grab mail via POP3, but that means enabling POP3 which I'd
> rather not do. Gmail does not, IFAIK, allow you to combine your mail with
> another IMAP account.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
> >
> > ​If you use openDMARC on your own server then rejections by an onward
> mailserver (e.g. Gmail) on the grounds of DMARC failure should only occur
> when the sender has p=reject DMARC policy and is relying on SPF without
> DKIM (or with bad DKIM).
>
> I have to say, I'd be surprised if this is was Facebook was doing, but I
> haven't even looked at DMARC for myself. It's just a milter, yes? And
> required DKIM?

​It's a milter, and runs after the opendkim milter. I haven't seen such
behaviour by Facebook, only a few (not all) marketing emails from Tesco (UK
supermarket chain) and a few (again, not all) from Her Majesty's Revenue
and Customs (go figure).​ Most senders with p=reject DMARC policies
understand how to use DKIM and do so.

> > My solution for such cases - which are few - is to trap the DMARC
> failure message from Gmail and then resend the original email as an
> attachment.
>
> Automated? Or is that something you do manually?

Yes I have it automated