On 29.08.2017 09:21, Rick van Rein wrote:

> [...] DKIM, SPF and DMARC are of interest to any mail flow.

They sure are. If you browse through mailing list archives of years gone
by, you can find my own messages about list X or Y breaking DKIM, SPF or
both. Also, people have been passionate about Reply-To-Munging long
before RFCs 4408 and 4870 were written. For a blast from the past, you
can start here: http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/listreplyto.html

If you need an example (to name but one), see the Roundcube Users
mailing list, which still adds a footer to the message bodies, thus
breaking DKIM. Very easily prevented by flipping a configuration switch,
alas the list admins don't seem to care.

There is a big difference between leaving existing headers and bodies
intact, like the Postfix mailing list commendably does, and messing with
existing headers or bodies, which breaks DKIM. My own DKIM setup exempts
'Received' headers from signing, but if a list software messes with
anything else, it is likely to break signatures.

As for DMARC, I tested it for several months, and found it lacking.
Beyond being unsuitable for many of today's mailing lists as seen from
the back-and-forth of reports (and thus arguably being broken by
design), I don't think a sender A can say "if DMARC verification on this
message fails, implement policy X" and expect recipients B and C to do
just that. Once a message reaches B and C, they'll do whatever they
please with it. Also, I'd like to earn some money for each bounced DMARC
report, but that's a different matter...

I have tried to find one of Viktors much more in-depth statements on
DMARC, but to no avail.

-Ralph