On 8/29/2017 8:12 AM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
I disagree about "very good reasons for footers on many lists". Meta
information belongs into the message headers, not the body. DKIM-signed
messages are letters, not postcards, and no non-totalitarian postal
service would dare open your letter and scribble junk on the contents.
Stick to the envelope, Mr. Postman.;-)
The problem with sticking all the list meta-information in the headers is that most users have no idea how to access email headers or parse them for the salient information. While I believe it is valuable to allow the originally signed content to pass through without corrupting the signature, the context of the message being sent to a mailing list argues for allowing some consistent list context information to be included where users can see it.