On Mon, January 1, 2018 1:19 am, Alex JOST wrote:
> Am 29.12.2017 um 21:15 schrieb Eero Volotinen:

>> A bit offtopic, but I need cli-tool to remove attachments from specific
>>  maildir messages, so how to do that?
>
> The Thunderbird add-on 'AttachmentExtractor' should be able to do that,
> but I don't know if it still works with recent versions of Thunderbird as
> it hasn't been updated in a long time.
>
> As Bill already noted such operations should be considered wisely. Wrong
> manipulation of the message can make it unreadable. Backups are mandatory.

I'm happy to be corrected here, but, I'm fairly certain I have done so in
the past, with no ill effect, and, one can always copy the actual file to
a new file, anyhow.

it was i think uudecode ? first for uuencoded emails, and, munpack for
mime encoded, something like 'munpack email_file':

NAME
       munpack - unpack messages in MIME or split-uuencode format

SYNOPSIS
       munpack [ -f ] [ -q ] [ -t ] [ -C directory ] [ filename ...  ]

DESCRIPTION
       The munpack program reads each RFC-822 message filename and writes
all non-text MIME parts or
       split-uuencoded files as files.  If no filename argument is given,
munpack reads  from  stan-
       dard input.