On 31 Dec 2017, at 9:19 (-0500), Alex JOST wrote:

Am 29.12.2017 um 21:15 schrieb Eero Volotinen:
Hi list,

A bit offtopic, but I need cli-tool to remove attachments from specific
maildir messages, so how to do that?

The Thunderbird add-on 'AttachmentExtractor' should be able to do that, but I don't know if it still works with recent versions of Thunderbird as it hasn't been updated in a long time.

Also, using IMAP should be safe because it doesn't actually change files. If that extension appears to remove the attachments from the messages, it must be deleting the existing message and storing a new one without the attachments. Message data (including headers and attachments) in IMAP is immutable.

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole