On 11/21/19 2:57 AM, Jaroslaw Rafa wrote:
Same as blocking an entire netblock or ISP because there are spammers within
this netblock or using this ISP (but there are "good" senders there as
well). Which is something a lot of email providers do, nevertheless.

Given that ab...@example.com yields close-to-zero results in many cases, I tend to ACL netblocks. Now, there are only two reasons that I will add an entry into my ACLs:

  1)  extortion e-mail
  2)  excessive probes on 22/TCP

This knee-jerk ACL insertion (at the edge, by the way) is tempered by the country in which the netblock is assigned. The A list -- China, India, and a couple others -- the netblock ACL goes in instantly. Others I'll send *one* notice to abuse@xxx from ad...@satchell.net and put the netblock on probation. If the abuse continues, they go into my ACL.

I let the DNSBLs take care of the run-of-the-mill spam, plus I segregate spam that gets through into separate folders in my MUA. This shunts most spam into bins that I can process when priorities allow, and not dilute the "ham" in the traffic stream.

The Internet, as currently developed, is not designed for wide public consumption. It assumed a BOFH was at each access point.