On 26 February 2020, at 02:54, Jaroslaw Rafa <r...@rafa.eu.org> wrote:

My Postfix log is full of repeated connections and disconnections from the
same machine:

Feb 26 11:43:41 rafa postfix/submission/smtpd[13829]: connect from
unknown[92.118.38.42]
Feb 26 11:43:52 rafa postfix/submission/smtpd[13829]: disconnect from
unknown[92.118.38.42]
Feb 26 11:44:04 rafa postfix/submission/smtpd[13829]: warning: hostname
ip-38-42.ZervDNS does not resolve to address 92.118.38.42: Name or service not
known

This repeats over and over (I already blocked this IP on firewall). I wonder
what this attacker(?) is trying to do - the client doesn't attempt AUTH or
anything (it would be logged). It just connects and disconnects. And so on
and on...

welcome to the internet. Can be misconfigured client, spamware somewhere,
scan, whatever. Firewalling those automatically is the only way to limit
those messages.