Almost completely irrelevant, but still an interesting (and true!) story ...
About 30 years ago I started a job at an insurance company.  At that time less
than half the company had PCs.  Most had 3270 green screen terminals.  The
corporate email was SYSM running on a System 370 mainframe.  Someone had
cleverly arranged things so that whenever you got an email, it would send you a
voice mail.

Fast-forward 25 years:  After several acquisitions and many changes of email,
the company is now running on Exchange.  Someone very clever rigged up a system
so that whenever you got a voice mail, it sent you an email.

How things go around!

--
Bill Gee