On 2020/05/26 14:06 PM, Bill Gee wrote:

Almost completely irrelevant, but still an interesting (and true!) story ... About 30 years ago I started a job at an insurance company. At that time less than half the company had PCs. Most had 3270 green screen terminals. The corporate email was SYSM running on a System 370 mainframe. Someone had cleverly arranged things so that whenever you got an email, it would send you a voice mail.

Fast-forward 25 years: After several acquisitions and many changes of email, the company is now running on Exchange. Someone very clever rigged up a system so that whenever you got a voice mail, it sent you an email.

How things go around! --

Bill Gee

On Tuesday, May 26, 2020 12:52:13 PM CDT Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On 2020-05-26 13:42, Jos Chrispijn wrote:

> > Is there a way of Postfix sending a Whatsapp message to a user when

> > there came in email for her/him?

> > Thanks, Jos

> No. That is utterly and totally not Postfix's, or any MTA's, job. Period.

> If you wanted to get a WhatsApp notification when you receive new mail,

> you'd need to find a mail *client* that has some kind of WhatsApp

> notification plugin. (Good luck with that.)

Good story, Bill.  Did some of that on a DEC10 myself.
 Too bad not everyone shares your conviviality.
I hate to see folks on a user list throw down at a question.
More helpful than "No way, utterly" is "Here's how to".
The question was how to initiate a script upon receipt of an email.
Here's a suggestion:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/178396/run-script-on-receipt-of-email