Dnia  6.06.2020 o godz. 08:55:38 Ian Evans pisze:
> Leah Culver (@leahculver) tweeted at 11:32 PM on Fri, Jun 05, 2020:
> I refuse to use “whitelist”/“blacklist” or “master”/“slave” terminology for
> computers. Join me. Words matter.
> (https://twitter.com/leahculver/status/1269109776983547904?s=03)

What's next? Changing for example "green" and "red" status in network
monitoring systems and alike to something "more neutral"? Because green can
be associated with ecology (or peasants' political parties) and red with the
communism?

White and black in context of whitelists/blacklists are just colors. No
associations with race whatsoever. Black color is culturally associated with
the devil (and also death), and white with an angel (innocence, etc.) long
before any racial conflict was taking place. There is also black and white
magic, black hats and white hats in the hacker community etc. We commonly
use the term "black sheep" to refer to someone whose behavior brings a bad
reputation for the whole group he/she belongs to. This has also nothing to
do with race.

Let's not get crazy.
--
Regards,