On 2020-06-07 14:46, Laura Smith wrote:
>> The point here is
>> that maybe this is just a small, insignificant, easy change that could
>> be done that might make black folks feel less excluded and more
>> interested in participating.
>

> Give me a break.
>
> Master/Slave, Blacklist/Whitelist in computing making black folks feel
> excluded ?
>
> For heavens sake ! Talk about clutching at straws in your argument.

I have mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand, I consider the terms
whitelist and blacklist (and blackhole) to be entirely neutral.

On the other, it is difficult to argue that the terms master/slave are
*not* problematic.  I'm quite certain they were not *chosen* with any
malicious intent.  Nevertheless...

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications